LO Yee Hang Loretta, MH
China-Appointed Attesting Officer
Civil Celebrant of Marriages
Loretta is the founder of Lo & Co., Solicitors. She was a Partner of Messrs. Albert Dan & Co., Solicitors before setting up her own law firm.
Having completed her legal education in the UK, Loretta was admitted as a Solicitor of the HKSAR and in the UK in 2001. She is also a China-Appointed Attesting Officer, Civil Celebrant of Marriages and Arbitrator of Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration. Her legal practice is mainly in china attesting works, civil and criminal litigation, family and matrimonial dispute, probate and administration, commercial and company law, personal injury and employees’ compensation claims.
Apart from her legal profession, Loretta was a Member of the Central & Western District Council of the Hong Kong SAR Government between 2008-2019 and has been actively serving on various governmental advisory boards and tribunals. She also served as an Independent Non-Executive Director of Tempus Holdings Limited (Stock Code: 6880) in 2011-2015.
Loretta was appointed as a Member for the 12th Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference of the Zhongshan Province in 2016 and was awarded a Medal of Honour by the Government of the HKSAR in 2017.
Public Services in Hong Kong:
- President, The Small and Medium Law Firms Association of Hong KongMember, Registered Contractor’s Disciplinary Board
- Member, Buildings Appeal Tribunal Panel
- Member, HKSAR Central & Western District Council (2008-2019)
- Chairlady, Working Group on Concern Over Building Management in the Central & Western District (2017-2019)
- Member, Lotteries Fund Advisory Committee (2013-2015)
- Member, HKSAR Administrative Appeals Board (2006-2012)
- Member, HKSAR Appeal Board Panel (Town Planning) (2006-2012)
- Member, HKSAR Criminal and Law Enforcement Injuries Compensation Boards (2008-2014)
- Member, Mental Health Review Tribunal (2005-2011)
- Director, Yan Oi Tong (2002)
Legal or Honorary Adviser of the following organizations:
- Hong Kong Chinese Medicine Industry Association
- Po Sau Tong Ginseng & Antler Association Hong Kong Limited
- Hong Kong Chinese Medicine Merchants Association
- Hong Kong Bar & Club Association
- Hong Kong Central & Western Power
- The General Association of Lo’s Clansmen of Hong Kong
- Fraternal Association of Hong Kong, Fuzhou Tingjiang
- The Society of Natives of Chaolian in Hong Kong
- Association of Jiangmen, Hong Kong
- Federation of Hong Kong Kowloon New Territories Hawker Associations
(Not an exclusive list)