China Attesting Services
Under the China-appointed Notary (HK) Management Methods, a China-Appointed Attesting Officer of Hong Kong must be a qualified and practicing lawyer for more than 10 years. Before one could be appointed as a China-Appointed Attesting Officer, he or she must go through series of business-related training, examinations, assessment of qualifications that are organized by the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China.
Our firm’s founder Ms. Loretta Lo is a China Appointed Attesting Officer authorized by the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China to attest and certify acts, matters and documents of legal significance occurring or emanating from Hong Kong for the use in the mainland China. Documents include:
- documents required for Hong Kong residents for the purpose of marriage or divorce in the PRC
- documents required for applying for family members residing in the PRC to immigrate into or to visit Hong Kong
- documents required for inheriting estate and probate matters in the PRC
- documents required for child adoption in the mainland China
- various power of attorney, including ones required for arbitration and litigation proceedings in the PRC, and ones deal with and required for sale and purchase of properties in the PRC
- company documents, including search reports, board minutes and other documents used for trading and investments in the PRC; and
- documents required for the Service Supplier of the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA)
- other documents include:
- Identity notarial, photo notarial or proofs that a name is of the same person
- Finance guarantee declaration for mainlanders studying abroad
- Individual power of attorney / authorization, if required to sell properties in China
- Deed of Gifts
Family and Matrimonial Matters
To the majority, divorce can be a frustrating emotional affair, when facing with a broken relationship, not only it may affect one’s emotional severely, and it may also causes individuals to be surrounded with all kinds of trivia, that needs proper handling. In this regard, our law firm can provide professional advices and solutions that assist clients to resolve any difficulties they would be facing in local or international cross-border divorce matters, by offering services include:
- Cross-border matrimonial litigation
- Drafting Deed of Separation
- Petition for Divorce
- Application for Ancillary Relief
Enduring Powers of Attorney & Guardianship
An enduring power of attorney is a legal agreement that enables a person to appoint a trusted person – or people – to make financial and property decisions on their behalf. An enduring power of attorney is an agreement made by choice that can be executed by anyone over the age of 18, who has full legal capacity. An enduring power of attorney can be operational while the person still has capacity，but may be physically unable to attend to financial matters.
We advise and assist clients to prepare enduring power of attorney in respect of property and financial affairs in this regard.
Wills and Probate
We deal with both non-contentious and contentious application for Grants of Representation of the deceased’s estate. Our services include:
- Drafting wills
- Advising clients on testamentary dispositions and estate planning matters
- Setting up trusts
- Obtaining Letters of Administration from the Probate Registry of the High Court of Hong Kong where the deceased died intestate (i.e. where no /will was made)
- Resealing of the Grant and the resealing of the Grant of Representation in respect of the deceased’s estate where there is a will;
- Representing clients where an application to the High Court for a Grant of Representation has been contested. We also deal with controversial issues, including:
- Financial support application for the widow, children and dependents depended on the support of the deceased under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Ordinance
- File a case or defense of the validity of the will
- File a case or defense for the will inheritance rights of illegitimate children and common-law-partners
- File a case or defense regarding improper estate disposal and breach of trust
As a local law firm in Hong Kong, we advise on Hong Kong immigration law. We assist clients with application for visas and handle cases with immigration offences, including arranging notarization and legalization of documents for emigrants; application for work visas, dependent visas, training visas and other kinds of visas; application for unconditional stay and permanent residency, etc.
We handle immigration related offences such as:-
- Breach of conditions of stay
- Making false statements
- Employing illegal workers
- Migration Consulting Services
Our mission is to provide all-rounded migration solutions to meet distinguished needs of each client came to us, work with clients on immigration planning to Canada, U.S.A, United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal, France, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey, Austria, Moldova, Montenegro, Hungary, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Vanuatu, St. Kitts & Nevis, Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, or any other destinations that client would like us to explore for their consideration.
As client’s legal representative, we connect and work closely with local law firms, government licensed agencies and experienced professionals familiarized with local immigration laws, policies, regulations, residency or citizenship applications, real estate and investment environments, in order to represent clients locally and to further connect clients with local service providers that can help clients with banking, taxation, and education arrangements for their children when required.
Civil Celebrant of Marriages
Our founder Miss Lo has been appointed by the Registrar of Marriages as the Civil Celebrants of Marriages, providing marriage solemnization services at any time and at any place in Hong Kong other than marriage registries or licensed places of worship. We also offer services for overseas or PRC residents intending to get married in Hong Kong.